Heart and cardiovascular ailments are one of the world’s biggest killers despite associated mortalities falling quicker than those of other health issues.
Apart from visiting a reputed cardiologist in El Paso TX, you can refer to the following important tips that are meant to keep your heart in good condition.
- Reduce salt intake :If you continue taking high amounts of salt, the likelihood of having high blood pressure is high. It simply means that you carry an augmented risk of encountering a heart disease or stroke. The suggested maximum daily consumption of salt is only 6g for adults and 3g for children (2.5g of salt is similar to 1g of sodium).
Reduce your salt intake by not using any salt at all at the table and decreasing how much you put while cooking.
- Consume less sugar :As per a leading El Paso wellness center, excessive intake of sugar could cause weight gain, which can elevate your blood pressure and result into diabetes and heart disease. If you have a sweet tooth and can’t leave sugar at all, just take fresh fruit with yoghurt rather than sweetened puddings and cakes.
- Control saturated fat :Taking too much saturated fat – in the form of butter, ghee, margarine, fatty meats, dairy fats and processed foods such as pies, pastries and cakes is known to boost cholesterol levels. So, prefer semi-skimmed milk and low-fat dairy foods rather than full-cream ones, pick lean cuts of meats and steam or grill instead of frying.
- Prefer more fish :Oily fish options like pilchards, sardines, mackerel, salmon and fresh tuna, are found to have abundant omega-3 fatty acids, which are believed to be mainly advantageous for your heart because they increase your cholesterol levels. If you’re a vegetarian, you can choose to obtain omega-3 fats from items such as spinach, wheat germ, walnuts, flaxseed and flaxseed oil, soya and canola oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Control smoking :Another great advice by a reputed wellness center in El Paso TX is to quit smoking as soon as you can. Smoking is one of the major reasons behind cardiovascular disease, and smokers carry double chances of having a heart attack compared with people who never smoke. It not only hurts the lining of your arteries but decreased the level of oxygen in your blood and elevates your blood pressure.
Note : Several studies have indicated that folks who aren’t very physically active are more likely to encounter a heart attack compared to those who are. Try to get a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical exercise a week to reduce your risk of facing coronary heart disease. You can divide the 150 minutes in any way you refer. For example, take a brisk 30-minute walk during lunchtime in the week.
Read More – How Cardiac Arrest Differs From Heart Attacks In Humans, What To Eat For A Superlative Heart Health, 5 Signs Which Ask For A Quick Cardiologist Consultation, Important tips to keep your cardiac health in check